Enter the competition
The search for the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2009 has begun.
Once again, we are seeking the very best wildlife images - photographs that are not only technically flawless but creative, innovative and surprising - with preference for pictures taken in wild and free conditions, that faithfully represent nature.
- Please make sure you have read and abided by the competition rules before you enter.
- Find out how to win and some insider tips from the Chairman.
- Check out the categories (updated definitions) and prizes. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions and the Young Competition pages.
- Translations of the rules are available in Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Images must be digitally captured or be scans of transparencies.
- Original transparencies or the original capture as it was recorded by the camera will be requested if an image reaches the final stage. All finalists will also be required to provide full picture information and technical details.
- If the competition organisers need to contact you an email will be sent from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add these to your address book to avoid them being blocked by email security settings.
- Fee: £20 for online entry, £27 for postal entries (CD's only).
- Entry to the Young competition is free
- Closing date for online entries: Friday 27 March 2009
- Closing date for postal entries (CD's only): Friday 20 March 2009
How to enterEnter online (you will need a broadband connection)
Once your registration is complete you will receive an email with your entry code which you can use to login with your email address and start uploading your photos.