Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just My Opinion

Since this is my first blog post, I’ll try to make it count.

For years I’ve been trying to save things, from endangered species to treasures placed along the curb on trash night. The January issue of National Geographic illustrates the former, the CBS Sunday Morning Show the latter.

To me it’s a real shame when we don’t think before we act. What we do has real consequences, sometimes forever. It’s my job to point that out.

All of us can play a role in the future of our planet. Start at home. Turn down the lights and the heat just a bit. Drive a smaller car. Reduce what you buy. Reuse what you buy. Certainly recycle, but think of that as a last resort. Know that every time you pay for something, you’re telling the world that you approve of how the product was made, what it’s made from and the fuel that was used to bring it to you.

Please, spend your money well.

Joel Sartore

Lincoln, Nebraska

January 28, 2009

No comments: